Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Weekend Round Up, July 19th, 2011

Feeling tired and bored? Well pull up a chair and grab the nearest coffee, tea and/or beer (I don't judge :D) it's time for another....

WEEKEND ROUNDUP!
















This Week's Topic: #hescookingsumthangup Thread from Twitter.

If your a regular reader or just reading this for the first time, I talk on Twitter a fair amount @ATT64 and for most of this week I have been letting out clues and small hints towards one of the largest projects that I have ever worked on. I have been using the tag #hescookingsumthangup  to chronicle my struggles trying to keep this project secret, but I should honestly just spit it out already. Ladies and Gentlemen let me present my week long labours finally coming to surface, first there was the Alpha and now we are at the Omega, allow me to introduce.........................................................

WAR AND MORE

I realized a fear of mine during the week when RHQ was down for routine upgrading that "hey maybe I should back up my data", but to my dismay I was too late by then(you think). The realization that all my hard work could just go up in smoke, affecting literally everything I spent over a year to create. Therefore I felt it high time to start up a blog page of my own, in case of such a disaster occuring.

After spending several days transferring old information, converting it, designing the page layout, I got to thinking(hard to believe, I know), why not go one step further? I have always loved reviewing stuff, everything from old movies, games and general useless crap, oops.... er I mean cra#. So I have decided to turn this site into something more then a usual blog, instead it will be a full blown review site.

Now why call it War and More? Well...while I was trying to come up with a name for my site, I realized how much the word War was being used in this industry: Warhammer, Warhammer 40,000, Warmachine, Warcasters, Wargamers, Blah...So thats why the beginning word is symbolic; the second one is just an obvious play on words, but is also symbolic. Simply put, I want to give back More and provide a popular site for fellow Wargamers and others.

Does this mean I'm leaving RHQ?......HEll no!~I will still provide the usual articles that I have done in the past, including reviews, views, and generally bad pun humour. However the one key difference is that my new site will provide alot of other content, not necessarily wargame related, but just general reviews and information. Also it will be a great tome that will allow you to easily find a previous Daily D6 article or review, if you missed it the first time.

Theres still alot of changes to come on the site in the future and please let me know if there are areas that could be improved on the site(Please be gentle :).

With that heres the Schedule coming in the following weeks....

-Tomb Kings Characters Review
-Mystery Box: Pts are the Point
-Did You Know About......The Bad Dice Podcast?
-Movie Highlights(Only on War and More)

Till Next Time

























Adam Tremblay

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the new digs, Adam. For those of us using Google Reader, thanks for getting a site off of RHQ. I love 'em, but connect already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks alot for your support Chris!~

    If you have any suggestions for my first movie review just let me know, plus I'm not against Co-op reviews as well :D

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...